Working at Mount Royal Walsh means joining a leading and most successful Montreal company. large private company providing ship repair services to the eastern maritime industry Canada! We are not afraid of big challenges and we repair ships of all kinds, including tankers, container ships, refrigerated ships, general cargo ships, barges, bulk carriers and cruise ships. Are you pursuing a career in the marine world? Here is your chance to integrate a company in business since over 50 years! We are currently looking for a shipyard foreman to complete our experienced team.
What is the job?
As a shipyard foreman, you will be responsible for coordinating the implementation projects and construction sites, modification or repair of various types of ships, but also other floating structures as well as watercraft.
More specifically, you will have to:
- Learn about the project developed by the naval architect and participate in the planning of the construction and repair projects with the team in order to develop the stages of completion;
- Plan, organize, direct and control the work of the technical teams of the different shifts trade, namely, among others, electromechanics, welders, assemblers, electricians and mechanics.
- Ensure that the production schedule is respected and enforced;
- Strictly follow occupational health and safety standards. Ensure that the team adheres to these same standards.
- Ensure that working methods and procedures are respected and ensure the quality of the made work;
- Respond to the various problems that could arise on construction sites by finding quick and effective solutions so as not to slow down the execution of the work;
- Write the various necessary reports, during or at the end of the work;
- Manage subcontractors, if applicable;
- Supervise, train and coach his team and be on the lookout for training needs;
- Ensure the management of the human resources of his team: attendance, absenteeism, schedules, hours worked, etc.;
- Create and maintain a pleasant and motivating work environment;
What does it take to be a good shipyard foreman?
- Minimum work experience of 10 years in a specialized trade, ideally acquired in the naval field (construction and repair);
- Minimum experience of five (5) years in personnel management;
- Excellent knowledge in reading plans;
- Good knowledge of welding, mechanics, machining, piping and finishing;
- Excellent supervision and team and project management skills;
- Good knowledge of occupational health and safety standards;
- Fluency in oral and written French;
- Since the shipyard foreman will evolve in an international environment (ships from different countries of the world), knowledge of spoken and written French and English is necessary. In addition, knowledge of the English language is required in order to explain and communicate clearly and professionally with team members production and the various subcontractors.
- Valid driver’s license;
- Availability to travel to job sites located in Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes;
And what do you gain by coming to work at Mount Royal Walsh?
In exchange, we offer you:
- A comprehensive benefits program including group insurance paid at 100% by the employer, a group RRSP and sick days;
- A stable, permanent, year-round jobJoining the Mount Royal Walsh team means having the opportunity to perform work in a field totally unique and rewarding!Please send your resume by email: firstname.lastname@example.org