Mount Royal / Walsh Inc. is a reputable ship repair company located in Montreal and have been in business for over 50 years. We are presently looking for a steel fitter. The main duties of the job are to assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, riveting or other methods. You will need to be able to set up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines such as brake presses, shears, cutting torches, grinders and drills to be able to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy-metal components.
- Be capable to work with tight deadlines
- Know how to effectively read drawings and blueprints, determine the materials required, and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently
- Knowledge of the marine industry is an asset
- Number of hours per week: 40 hours with the possibility of overtime
- Salary offered: to be discussed, based on experience and qualifications
Please send your resume by email: firstname.lastname@example.org