Working at Mount Royal Walsh means joining a leading Montreal company and the largest private company offering ship repair services in the Eastern Canadian marine industry!
We are not afraid of big challenges and we repair ships of all kinds, including tankers, container ships, refrigerated ships, general cargo ships, barges, bulk carriers and cruise ships.
Are you pursuing a career in the marine world? This is your chance to join a company that has been in business for over 50 years!
We are currently looking for a naval architect to complete our experienced team.
What is the job?
As a naval architect, you will be responsible for carrying out projects for the design, construction, modification or repair of various types of ships, but also other floating structures as well as nautical craft.
More specifically, you will have to:
- Establish and analyze the needs of customers on their needs,
- Evaluate and establish project costs and schedule;
- Develop and plan the project concerning, in particular, the dimensions of the project, the types of materials required, the costs for materials and labour, the expected duration of the work;
- Solve certain design problems or constraints in order to meet the client’s requirements and the standards in force;
- Plan, develop and produce plans and specifications for the ship or floating structure;
- Launch calls for tenders and find the best suppliers;
- Write technical design reports;
- Coordinate, supervise and manage all the financial, material and human resources necessary for the project,
- Ensure compliance with the budget and delivery deadlines established with clients;
- Visit the site and ensure constant communication with the site foreman to ensure that the plans are respected, but also to discuss with the suppliers during design or construction problems in order to find solutions to solve them and modify them plans, if required;
- Participate in shipbuilding research and development.
What does it take to be a good naval architect?
- University education in a related field;
- Minimum work experience of 5 to 10 years in a similar position
- Conscientious, meticulous, versatile and attention to detail;
- Since the naval architect will evolve in an international environment (ships from different countries of the world), knowledge of spoken and written French and English is necessary. In addition, knowledge of the English language is required in order to explain and communicate clearly and professionally with members of a design or production team, as well as to write technical and expert reports.
- Good computer knowledge (especially CAD and DAO software)
- Ease of adaptation to numerous technological changes
- Position based in Montreal but mobility is sometimes required on sites located in Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes.
And what do you gain by coming to work at Mount Royal Walsh?
In exchange, we offer you:
- A comprehensive benefits program including group insurance paid 100% by the employer, a group RRSP and sick days;
- A stable, permanent, year-round job
Joining the Mount Royal Walsh team means having the opportunity to work in a totally unique and rewarding field!
Please send your resume by email: email@example.com